Monday, February 2, 2009

Cafe' Rio sweet pork salad


This salad is one of my all time favorites when I visit Cafe' Rio. I got a whim and decided for Super Bowl Sunday I would attempt to make these oh so yummy salads for Braden, myself, Chris and Megan (Braden's brother and sister-in-law). I researched online and found many different websites that all had there own take on it. I landed on a blog that grabbed my attention. Her recipes sounded the best to me so I went for it. I was so amazed. It tasted just like Cafe' Rio. I followed the website pretty close and only made a few changes. I will be adding this one to the recipe box. I highly recommend this one!!
The changes that I made were: not marinating the pork for a few hours and I did a mix of pinto beans and black beans other than that I followed the recipe.

Here is a link if anyone else is a big fan like us.


2 comments:

Tonya K said...

You are psychic! We are having this salad for an Enrichment activity and have been looking for a recipe. I'll send it on. Thanks!

Tracie said...

Brenda, this is my FAVORITE! Can't wait to try it myself! But, then again, it is always fun to go out! Thanks for the tips!