Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nothing Bundt Cake and the 24th of July!

As most of you know the 24Th of July just happens to fall on my birthday... ha ha. It has become a tradition in our circle every 24Th that all the kids from our neighborhood participate in a little circle parade. Now of course this is not just any parade.. It is something Tyler looks forward to all month. He clearly remembered the parade last year and was so excited to get to do it again this year!
We invited some good friends and family and I think everyone had a good time. Good food, good friends and good fun.


We celebrated my nieces and my birthday on the 26Th at my parents home and I was in charge of the cake. A while back while visiting one of my favorite stores "Costco" they were having a bunch of vendors out front doing little demo's.. Well, one of the vendors was "Nothing Bundt Cake". They offered me my free sample and I gladly excepted and took the tasty little morsel of chocolaty goodness out to my car.
OH MY GOODNESS, this was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted. I had to have more. Ever since that day I have wanted to try to duplicate this cake that tasted so yummy.
I typed into google "nothing bundt cake recipe" and wallah, there it was. My favorite recipe blog that I often visit and use already had a recipe and I didn't even know it.
So on Saturday I made not one but two cakes and they turned out great! It tasted just about the same, cream cheese frosting and all. I even tried to decorate it the same way they did.
It was a huge success at the party and I think this will be one recipe I will be using again and again.

3 comments:

Jamie Bailey said...

Yummm!!! That cake looks delicious! Happy late birthday to you! I hope it was a good one.

Unknown said...

WHAT! I have to have that cake recipe, I wish I looked at your blog before you came in to get your haircut. If I don't find it, I will call you.

Kimberly Walker said...

I don't even know you but love yo
ur cake. I visti UT often and usually stop by the bundt cake store. WEll my daughter is getting married, and she wants bundt cakes for her reception. I have been loking for a similar recipe for the "bundt Cakes" and came across your blog. Is there anyway I can get your recipe? My email is
kimberlywalker4@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Kim Walker