Friday, December 19, 2008

Tyler's first gingerbread house

We decided to breakout the gingerbread house I bought on black Friday. Braden and I had never made one before so this was a new thing for all of us. Tyler was all about the candy and getting his hands on it. I whipped up the frosting and got all the candy divided into little bowls. Once Braden and I got the walls stuck together I started to frost the roof. The instructions said to let the house dry for 24 hours before proceeding to frost but we didn't have this much time nor did Tyler have the patience. After the roof was looking like it had freshly snowed it was time for Mrs. Sydney to go to bed. So off we went. Once I returned Braden and Ty had FINISHED IT!! It actually turned out pretty cute. Here is the finished product.


Daddy's side
Tyler's side
The Back

And just one I thought was cute!

3 comments:

Jamie Bailey said...

Your house is soo cute...I love the icicles! It looks like the one we bought, except decorated a lot better! I hope your family has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Tracie said...

I think I like Tylers side the best ;) Great first attempt! Those are the things that the kids will remember! and Sydney is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Tonya K said...

So cute! I haven't yet attempted one with the kids but should. They would love it!